Saturday, April 23, 2011

On God, Faith, and Prayer

Yesterday, at the start of the interactive Stations of the Cross at Boni High Street, I kept on whispering a fervert prayer:

"God, just one last chance. I promise that I'll never do it again. Please give me one last chance."

However, this prayer changed as we were walking through the stations.

"I am amazed by Your sacrifice and Your love for me. I know that You've got my back, and I will place my trust in You. Your will be done, not mine."

Sometimes, we get too engrossed in our own pain and our own suffering, that we forget that God did the ultimate sacrifice to save us. He placed the sin and the burden on His Son, so that we may live and be with Him in paradise.

I hope that I will never forget this as I walk through life. This life is not my own, it is His. And the best that I could do to repay Him is to love Him with everything I do and everything I say.

0 comments:

Post a Comment