Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Growing Up


So last Saturday, I attended my very first bridal shower. Just a brief history, the bride and I have been friends for... 9 years. And we've witnessed each other's joys and heartbreaks. And now I can't believe that she's getting married within weeks.

While we were eating dinner, my friends and I were reminiscing on how we used to attend debut parties only, and now here we are, attending bridal showers and weddings. And I remember one of my friends saying, "we're not getting any younger".

And she's right. We're getting more mature. We're going to have more responsibilities, (probably) more problems, more financial concerns, etc. But I think along with it comes more grace, more wisdom, more joy, and more love.

We're not getting any younger, yes. But it doesn't mean we can't have anymore fun.

0 comments:

Post a Comment