Monday, September 17, 2012

Parents

The past weekend, I was experiencing the brunt of my parents's temper. Looking back, I couldn't really blame them. The weekend was tiring for both of them.

But I admit that I was complaining and crying after they gave it to me. I started ranting to one of my friends on how they can't be that way to one of their co-servants, who they fondly call their second children. How is it that they could extend their patience with them, I said, while when it comes to me, they easily get agitated. I even ranted on Twitter on how I was my dad's favorite because he always saw my faults.

But then I realized through my friends that I was actually blessed that I have them both in my life. Some people wish that they were their parents because theirs either weren't present or don't really support them.

And they were right. Even though they did lose their temper from time to time, they were always there for me.

They always supported my decisions.
Their arms were always available for an embrace every time I couldn't hold back my tears.
They would take care of me when I get sick.
They were ready to give advice whenever I was confused.
Dinners would never be without laughter because of my dad's antics.
Heartbreaks didn't have to be so hard because mommy was there.
I didn't have to commute going to work because my dad would drop me off so that I'd be safe.
They'd both show me in many ways how much they love me and that I'm their favorite child (HAHA).

And to think I've hurt them so many times because of my shortcomings as a daughter. They never turned their back on me. And for that, I am grateful.

My parents are pretty amazing. I wouldn't trade them for anything else in the world.




0 comments:

Post a Comment