Saturday, March 13, 2010

Of Being More Responsible

As another chapter of my life ends, I begin to ask myself, "what now? Where will I go?"

For the entire 4 years of my college life, everything seemed to be so certain, so planned, so organized. I was to go to school on these days, I have to read these readings for this subject, I was to have a quiz tomorrow, I have to pass this term paper on Friday. I was given this much money for my lunch, merienda, and dinner. Now what? I'm about to go to work but where? It's an entirely new beginning in an alien place.

It's getting out of my comfort zone again, to go towards the unknown. I'm afraid more than anything else. No more professors to tell me what to do and how to think, no more blockmates to share jokes with, no more parents to fetch me or give me baon. It'll be me, making my own decisions, making my own plans, making my own money (good-bye baon). It'll be me being more responsible.

And yet even when I'm afraid, I tell myself that everything will be alright and that everything will fall into its place. It always has. Even during my most trying time (thesis days), He has never failed to lift me up and put everything back into its place.

And now, as I enter a new chapter in my life, I am not afraid of the new responsibilities. Uncertain as they may be, I know Someone up there would guide my every step. So here I am, ready to take the leap. Let's go, Lord!

0 comments:

Post a Comment