Monday, September 30, 2013

The Things That Matter


I was just musing about the One that God has reserved for me and I realized that the things that I wanted were simple, but they were true. 

I want someone who loves God more than he loves me. I want someone who'll tell me that he wants God to be in the center of our relationship. 

I want someone who was willing to listen to everything that I have to say. And not just listen, but to listen attentively and enthusiastically. And after he's heard everything and known everything about me, he won't judge me. Instead, he'll accept me and help me change for the better. Operating term is HELP.

I want someone who can make me laugh, no matter how corny the joke is. 

I also want someone who'd be willing to bare everything to me, someone who'll trust me enough to tell me everything about themselves. 

And then after all the buzz and the kilig vibes have died down, instead, there is comfortable silence. There is mutual understanding that we are in it for the long run. I want to be able to be myself around him. I want him to be himself when he's around me.

I want something that is real, that is true. I don't want a man who just wants to hold my hand or kiss me. I want someone who'll last even when the passion has burned down. I want someone who's willing to decide to love me every single day, no matter what. 

And I trust that God will be able to grant me that prayer soon. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment