Thursday, September 29, 2011

Of My Parents

I realized that I never wrote anything about my parents. Way to go, favorite daughter. (They actually have no choice because I'm their only daughter. Funny story. Anyway...)

Le Papa (Pathetic attempt at French, I know)

That's my dad. He never was the affectionate type. He rarely told me that he loves me. He doesn't hug me. For a time, I resented that. I thought he didn't love me and for a time we wouldn't get along. We fought about the simplest things.

But I realized that it didn't really make him less of a father. He just wasn't affectionate. But he loves me. He honestly does. There were times that I'd run to him when I'm down and he'd just listen to me. I remember him picking me up from school (there were days when my classes ended at 9pm) even though his office was a thousand miles away (I'm exaggerating. But Balintawak to EspaƱa, Manila is kindov far away). There was also this one time that I got really sick with anemia and I couldn't get myself to go home alone, and he picked me up. Recently, I was undergoing something emotionally difficult, and I spent the previous night crying, he wordlessly took me to work. 

Mi Mama (fail Spanish)

My mom is who I call my first ever best friend. I ran to her whenever I cried over something/someone. I told her everything. And she'd listen. And give advice. She was always just a call away. If ever I felt down, I'd just text her, and she'll call me. Her voice always soothed me and assured me that everything will be alright. 

Unlike my dad, my mom's really affectionate. Whenever we'd go to the mall, I'd love to hold her hand and I'm not embarrassed to kiss her in public. Sometimes, I still on her lap (Sorry, feeling baby pa rin). I remember the most hurtful experience that I encountered, I called her up crying and she was crying with me. I knew she could feel my pain, too. 

These two people are my sources of strength. If some people get more pressured when their parents are watching their performances, I need them there. When I sang in front of 10,000 people, I was confident because I knew they were watching. They are my support group. I seriously don't know what to do without these people in my life. 

Yo mom and dad,

Everyday is better when you two are there to smile at me and tell me to continue fighting. Love you both.

0 comments:

Post a Comment