Monday, December 19, 2011

Of Restarting.


Saw this on Tumblr, obviously enough. And it got me thinking: Would I really want to redo everything? To undo mistakes, to choose to do something differently? 

It seems really tempting, isn't it? To just redo things, to take another chance to live out this year. What would you have done differently? What would you have wanted to remain the same? Would you take back the words that you've said? Would you have loved more or would you have loved less? 

There are so many questions, what-if's, maybe's, and should-have-been's that I'm sure most of us want to answer. But I know that everything happens for a purpose. Looking back at the year that was, so much has happened. I've met new people, established new relationships, finished some, went back to school after a year of being employed, went to new places, went back to old places, reestablished old relationships, and so much more. I've learned so much from what has happened and from all the people that I've met along the way. I grew so much as a person: wiser, more beautiful, more mature, etc. 

Again going back to the question of would I redo my 2011, my answer is no. I have no regrets with all that has happened this year. Every year, God makes me and molds me into a better person.

Which is also why I'm really excited for 2012. Let's get it on! :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment