Friday, February 19, 2010

Of reminiscing.

Sorry. I felt like I had to write about this person one last time before I finally let it all go. There's no point in crying over spilled milk, is there? So this will be the last time I'll be writing about that person. And then after that, I'mma promise never to write about him again.

I remember the first time I saw you. I found you attractive but you were a snob. I thought that you were so full of yourself because your demeanor was conveying that kind of thought. After seeing you, I concluded that I didn't like you and I didn't want to have anything to do with you.

But fate had its own plan. We met, surprisingly, through a friend that I grew close with just late last year. And it was funny because everything just started with watching a movie.

Then we'd text all day and try to see each other at least once a week. We grew close (or so I think we did. I don't know if you feel the same way), closer than I thought we would be. And I laughed at myself because this friendship that we had was a contradiction of what I have said years ago.

But something about this friendship wasn't right. I enjoyed what we had; I cherished it, but this thought continued to plague me, even in my dreams. I had this notion that I had to do something, that I had to SAY something. And listening to my instincts, I did.

What happened was that we grew apart. I don't know if it was from the awkwardness of the situation or because you just didn't see me as a friend anymore, I wouldn't know. We aren't talking anymore.

In a span of less than a month, we were strangers, we became acquaintances, we became close friends, we became acquaintances, and now we're becoming strangers towards each other. It's funny, isn't it? How such a small situation, how such a phrase could affect a relationship.

But I didn't regret what happened. I realized that maybe this wasn't the friendship that I thought it was. Or maybe there are just some people that aren't meant to be friends. I had fun. I've learned so many things from you. I've realized so many things about myself because of you. You were a teacher, in a way. And I would like to thank you for being there for me, even if it was only for a short period of time.

And so I end this entry, letter, whatever you wish to call it, with a thank you. Now we're back to being strangers and I'm not saddened because of that fact. At least now I know who you are and how it is to be your friend, even if it was only for a short time. So thank you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment