Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Of Being a Minimalist Writer and of an Awakening.

When other people write sensibly long entries, they make sense. They catch the reader's attention and have him hooked to whatever the entry is. I, on the other hand, bore the reader to death. I usually make more sense when I write shorter entries. If I exceed more than at least-I don't know-7 paragraphs, I notice that I'm rambling already and my entry starts to not make any sense.

Just a random realization.

The entry's mainly about the song Awakening by Chris Tomlin. Lately, I've been feeling spiritually dry. Like my heart for God has suddenly been put to sleep. To serve has sometimes made me feel like it is required, it doesn't come from my heart anymore...

...until I heard that song. And something within me just stirred. My eyes shed tears. I got goosebumps. I felt that God was trying to tell me, "Anak, I love you. I am not requiring you to do this all for Me. It's okay." And yes, I am now awake and more zealous than ever. Because He roused me from my sleep, and told me that He loved me, no matter what I do or who I become.

Like the rising sun that shines,
From the darkness comes a light,
I hear your voice and this is my awakening.

0 comments:

Post a Comment